Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Despicable Me

Despicable Me is one of those movies that, to me, looked really funny when I watched the trailer. And don't get me wrong, all of the parts that were in the trailer were, of course, still funny. In fact, if you haven't seen the trailer, go ahead and watch it nowUnfortunately, the rest of the movie didn't really have any more laughs, you just saw almost every good laugh in the movie. I wanted to like this movie. I DID like the characters; it just needed more. There isn't really a lead up to the climax, it just kind of happens. One moment Gru is enjoying his time with the girls, the next thing the girls are in trouble. The humorous parts from the trailer are still funny, and like I said, I DID like the characters, especially of course the girls. They are cute and funny, and lovable. And if nothing else, this movie is in quite heartwarming. If you wanted to see this movie for the laughs, you could probably just watch the trailer. If you want to see a light heartwarming movie though, it's worth paying for. I did see it in 3D, and while the 3D was pretty good (if not a little gimmicky), if I were to do it over again I would pay matinee price for Despicable Me.



Verdict: Matinee

4 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you were ever going to start this blog. Glad to see you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But why, oh why, don't writers let us see the significant parts of a super villain's life without changing him from being a super villain? Its like every movie that makes lawyers bad at their jobs so we like them as people. It's castration, is what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sam, hopefully this'll at least have a couple movie reviews a month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'm glad I didn't spend the money then. With 3D movie prices what they are, it needs to be Pixar good in order for me to pay what it costs. Thank you cheap critic, now I have a guide for when to spend my hard-earned cash on movies:)

    ReplyDelete